We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

Hi All,

I am planning to visit NYC in the last week of June. I am planning to take my family on a hop on hop off bus but there are too many such companies online and almost all have mixed reviews. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some solid options. Also where do such tours start from and where do they end?! I am staying near battery park. Also it would be awesome if someone could share some prices too. Thank you.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,604 posts
2,166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

I went with Greyline. They have the most buses and we went for the 3 day all loops tours simply because we were so behind with our sightseeing that this was the only way to catch up. Our kids liked the night tour. There are stops at Battery park as you can hop off to get the Staten Island ferry.

However I would not use the HOHO buses as a means of transport of getting from A to E for example.

Mentioned in this post
Battery Park
Battery Park
2,251 Reviews
New York City, NY
Staten Island Ferry
Staten Island Ferry
18,665 Reviews
New York City, NY
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

If you are staying near Battery Park, you are at one of the major locations for HOHO tours.

What i would do? Wait until you get here and pick a day where you see that the weather will be nice. Go to Battery Park area and you can buy a ticket right from one of the HOHO reps.

Mentioned in this post
Battery Park
Battery Park
2,251 Reviews
New York City, NY
plymouth england
Level Contributor
197 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

the reps will try to sell you a full package which is really expensive and their are so many extra bits on them that you may not do ,on our first visit we did this and were regretting it afterwards, we are going in July 3 adults and 2 children stopping over for 2 half days before Orlando, we have just pre purchased our tickets from Attraction Tickets UK, look on their website and then your able to decide which is best for you we have gone for the 2 day hop on hop off bus tour, ESB and a 90 minute cruise with them

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

Thank you guys for all the help!

5. Re: Help with Hop On Hop Off Guided Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17