We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary check

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary check

Hello! Wondering for input on our rough itinerary. Coming from Canada in about a week. Three adults. Its my first time and my parents 2nd. We have the 5 day NY Pass for most of the attractions and we have a lot of energy. Not afraid to be out and busy all day! We wanna take in one Broadway show and we have tickets to Jimmy Fallon on the 19th. We are also ambitious to go standby for SNL on the 17th. Thx!

Arrival Day-

o 2pm Land, transport to hotel

o Check in, eat, walk around area, explore

o Pick up our NY passes – Gray Line NY Visitor Centre 777 8th Av (between 47th and 48th), closes 730pm.

o Broadway/Times Square/Shop around

Day 1-

o 5am line up at SNL

o 8am Breakfast at Hotel and rest

o 9am Hop on bus and take a ride around the city

o 1145am On Location Tours- Central Park Tv and Movie sites(walking) -meet at N/R Subway station on 59th St

o 245pm On Location Tours- UPTOWN New York TV and Movie Sites (via bus)- meet IFO Mcgee’s Pub at 240 West 55th St

o Dinner The Flying Puck

o Evening Possibly SNL

Day 2-

o 10am Hillsong Church (mom and I)

o 10am Intrepid Museum (dad)

o 1130am Mom and I meet Dad at Intrepid Pier area

o 1230pm Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise- Pier 83, Semi Circle Cruise 2hrs to south

o 3pm Activities in south area – eg. 9/11 Memorial, Wall Street, China town

Day 4-

o 845am Today Show outdoor audience

o 945am Rockefeller Centre Tour

o 1130am TOTR for city at day (Fast Pass)

o 230pm Fallon

o Dinner Ellens Diner

Day 4-

o 10am Museum of Natural History (Fast Pass)

o 230pm TKTS line for Broadway

o 730pm Broadway Show

o 10pm-11pm Empire State Building for city at night

Day 5-

o 11am Brooklyn Bridge/DUMBO Neighborhood/Brooklyn Heights Promenade (tour starts at 11 or go at it alone)

o 230pm Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island Ferry (fast pass)

o Dinner Kats Deli

Day 6-

o Anything missed

o Shopping

o Highline/Chelsea Area

We will fill in gaps with whatever we find along the way. Open to find things along the way and switch it up!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary check

You are doing a lot of tours IMO.

Also, what days of the week are you coming?

Day 5-I would do the Brooklyn area on my own. It's a great area to visit(especially on the weekend) and very easy to just explore and get lost in(in a good way.)

You are really just whizzing by if you want to get back to the city for the SOL. 3 hours can be enough, but if it is the weekend, you could spend the day in the Bklyn area.

Day 2(if this is a Sunday)-

You need to reserve tickets for the 9/11 Memorial.

If this is a Sunday, I would always suggest visiting the Wall Street area on a weekday so that you can experience the "vibe" with all of the workers out and about.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary check

Day 6-Consider heading down to the Village and exploring that area. Check out Washington Sq Park...prime people watching location...

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary check

Thx for the advice!

We arrive fri and leave following thurs late evening.

Will note about the business time around wall st. Didn't think of that. And yah I agree I'd rather do Brooklyn bridge on own but my parents suggested the tour. We love learning info and history about places we haven't been but we'll see what we decide!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary check

Try to do the Wall St area during the week. You really get to experience the NYC "buzz" especially in that area.

Loads of food carts/trucks will be out. You can get something to eat right outside of Zuccotti Park(home of the Occupy Wall Street protests a while back) and just sit in the park and relax and eat.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary check

Also.. Looked into getting passes for 911 memorial. Online the calender won't let me pick any dates in mid to late may...

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary check

Next week-probably "sold" out. You can show up and try to get same day I believe.

As of the 21st, a pass won't be needed as the Museum will open(passes needed) and the Memorial will be open to all.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 02:12
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary check

RE- 911 Memorial- No, it hasn't let me click past the 16th of May for months now. I heard they are doing away with reserving passes when the museum opens in a bout a week and a half. Maybe that's why.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary check

Correct. The Museum will open first for the families and first responders. Then on May 21 to the general public.

No passes will be needed for the Memorial. Passes will be needed for the Museum.

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary check

With you having ny pass you can use that to get a reservation pass on the day it's not guaranteed though

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary check

Rather than TKTS, head to 7th Ave near 53rd to NYC & Co & ask for their Broadway discounts flyer. You take it to the theater at any time before the show (not just day of) & avoid the long line.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 18:26