We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

esb and totr

Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
esb and totr

Hi guys,

is it better to see ESB in the evening or afternoon?

how about TOTR, thanks a lot

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
141 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,015 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: esb and totr

Everyone has their own opinion on this, mine is that TOTR is good at night because you see the ESB lit up, but TOTR is also good in daylight to see Central Park so some people try to go around sunset or get the Sun and Stars ticket. ESB is good either time I think. I like ESB better during daylight because of views of out to NJ, financial district, getting to see more details as you look down at the buildings of Manhattan.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,271 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: esb and totr

TOTR just before sunset. That way you can see things in daylight then watch the City light up.

ESB any time but it's less crowded later at night.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: esb and totr

I would use TotR for a sunset viewing. It's way better than ESB for that because you can book in advance for a specific time slot. I would wait to book until arriving in NYC and seeing the weather though. For instance, today is very cloudy and foggy, but tomorrow is forecast to be sunny. So you can go online right now and book TotR for 7:45 tomorrow. No need to book way in advance, just a day or two. Then if you still want to go up to ESB, you can decide after going up to TotR when you want to see ESB.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,949 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: esb and totr

TOTR is great in the evening.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: esb and totr

Another for vote for TOTR at sunset. You get the advantage of seeing it during daylight, sunset and when dark.

You also get to see Central Park from TOTR, which you cannot see from ESB.

new york
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: esb and totr

I prefer TOTR to ESB for the reasons stated above. Sunset or just before is a good time. I would not go to TOTR if it is already dark out because Central Park will just be a black hole.

7. Re: esb and totr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 06:16