We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November/December 2014 visit

Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
November/December 2014 visit

Hi guys

Have booked our trip to New York for a week at the most wonderful time of the year.

I've been before, 13 years ago but my husband hasn't. We're gonna do the tourist stuff.

Just posting this for suggestions on things we should do and restaurants etc.

We're stopping in Brooklyn at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. Which has a terrace on the roof we can see the city from. I'm beyond excited. I'm gonna be like a little kid. :-)

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November/December 2014 visit

hi,

something that just blew us away on our NYC visit - and planned for our next visit ....picked up from these forums

Apollo Theatre amateur night ....

https:/…amateur-night-events

https://www.apollotheater.org

www.tripadvisor.com.au › ... › Apollo Theater

have a great trip !

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November/December 2014 visit

Take a look at the faq's on the right side: things to do and see.

If you want specifics, please list your interests: art/photography/shopping/music/etc.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
17,170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November/December 2014 visit

What are your dates? Christmas things are everywhere but some things don't start up till December.

Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November/December 2014 visit

Hi.

November 29th to 6th December.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November/December 2014 visit

Hi Cara - here is last year's holiday thread to give you an idea of some of the seasonal things to see and do:

tripadvisor.com/…53972764

Thanksgiving Day in 2013 was Thursday, November 28th, and this year (2014) it will be Thursday, November 27th. Therefore most of the dates should just shift up by a day...for example, last year (2013) the Rockefeller Center tree was lit on Wednesday, December 4th, and this year (2014) it will be on Wednesday, December 3rd.

However, very few of the 2014 opening/unveiling dates have been officially confirmed as of yet. That said, almost everything will be up/on by Thanksgiving Day, and the last few things - tree lightings, etc - should have happened by the last day of your stay.

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November/December 2014 visit

Oh brilliant. I'll check that out. Thanks for that. I'd looked at dates for last year's lights etc and so kinda thought/hoped they'd do the same again this year.

7. Re: November/December 2014 visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 06:16