We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

My hubby and I will be staying two nights in Soho prior to departing for our intl. trip to Spain and have been multiple times to the city. We are planning to stay entirely in lower Manhattan arriving Thurs morning and departing early Sat afternoon. Here is roughly what I have planned:

Thurs arrival a.m. ck in hotel and depart for a bite...where?? Maybe Chelsea market??

Afternoon gallery visits and exploring in Chelsea (suggestions?) high line visit?

Back to hotel to change

Rooftop cocktails...Jimmy at the James (is this hard to get in?) any other suggestions?!

Later dinner @ Lupa, Greenwich village

After dinner cocktail? Looking for speakeasy, jazz or other cool neighborhood happening spot (we are late 30's/early 40's)

Sat brunch at Balthazar followed by shopping and afternoon visit to WTC site or walk Brooklyn bridge (or maybe just more shopping he he...my vote)

Late lunch ?? Light bite with cocktail

Afternoon strolling around return to Soho and change for rooftop or outdoor cocktails...where?

Dinner with friends at Cuba

After dinner cocktails similar to what I mentioned above

Sat brunch at cupping room cafe

Final shopping and strolling

Ck out of hotel and grab quick lite snack @2ish??

Be at airport by 3:00 for intl flt departure around 5pm

Here are some places ice earmarked...bar pitti, lure fishbar, cafe gitane, soho 13, mile end sandwich shop, please don't tell, plunge at gansevoort, hotel chantelle, mulberry project, the delancy, city winery, max brenner, Dominique Ansel bakery, food truck possibility for late lunch (frites n meats, morris truck), Walter wickiser gallery, asya geisberg gallery,...open to an other suggestions as we cannot possibly do all of this in 2 1/2 days but want to see the most and enjoy this part of the city to its fullest!!!

Thank you kindly for your replies!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,932 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

When is this happening? Season/weather could affect recos. Are you asking us to pick options from your list?

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

This week...May 15-17th...sorry I wasn't more clear in previous post! Any special happenings this week we should try to check out? You can choose from my list or make other suggestions, we are open and looking for opinions too! Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

Leaving this week...any suggestions out there...please and thank you! Happy Mother's Day to all!

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

Nywhiz we are traveling this Thursday-Saturday before we leave for Spain...love any suggestions or feedback on my itinerary!

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

Maybe I should post more specific questions about our trip as I see a lot of activity on this forum but not a lot of replies to my short itinerary??! Please advise?

6. Re: Soho/lower manhattan short itinerary...input, suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16