We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cort Theater Seating Options

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
367 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cort Theater Seating Options

Hey there. Looking for feedback on which option is better for Cort Theater tix. I've already reviewed the NYtix.com and Entertainment-Link.com websites, and I'm pretty confident in both of these options. Just need to take a poll. It would be great if anyone has seen The Cripple of Inishmann and can speak specifically to the set/stage and which seats might give a better overall experience. Price difference is negligible.

4th Row, Right Orchestra, Row C, Seats 8, 10

OR

4th Row, Center Mezzanine, Row D, Seats 110, 111 (Aisle Seat)

Front row Mezz tix also available, but they're all on the far ends and it looks like a semi-obstructed view. Thoughts? Thanks guys!

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

I would take the row C seats over any mezzanine seat for a straight play. Don't worry about the fact that you're on the side. Though I don't recall that theater specifically it's my experience that side orchestra is just fine

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
367 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

Actually, I just realized its seats 6 & 8, so ever so slightly closer to the center :) I agree that I typically like to be closer for plays, SO LONG AS the seats are not so close that the actors themselves are obstructed. And I don't leave with a crick in my neck.

I've heard the seats can be cramped. Hopefully the sacrifice of closeness for aisle will be worth it.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

The older the theater, the less leg room. It doesn't matter where in the theater. Also, another vote for orchestra.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
367 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

So true. We just have to suck it up and bear it if we don't get the coveted aisle seats. But I'm glad to hear the votes are swaying towards Orchestra. That's where my heart is :)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,976 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

This is a very small theater. I think we were in Row J, on the side (maybe 5 or 6 from the wall) and we could see fine. I don't recall the seats being that cramped...I have long legs, but I just have no recollection one way or the other so it could not have been too bad. I'd take the orchestra, also.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
367 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

This is all great feedback. Thanks guys! Doesn't sound like legroom is going to be much of an issue in the orchestra. My only real concern would be being too close.

Row J is 12 rows back, so it's good to know you had a great view. Entertainment-link.com advised against the first row but said everything beyond that was good. I assume there is a decent rake if that's the case and that row 4 should not be too bad. I usually prefer to be about 6-8 rows back so I can take it all in, but beggers can't be choosers. More to the point, I'm not paying $250 a ticket for the premium seats that ARE still available :)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 21:40
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,976 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

I didn't say Row 12 was a "great" view, I said we could see fine. I would prefer to be closer. What play is it? We saw one that had a few "stars" (Paul Ruud and Ed Asner) that I would have loved to be closer for. Row 4 should be perfect.

I just went and looked at the Seating Chart and I think it shows Row J as being row 10.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 22:13
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
367 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

We're going to see The Cripple of Inishmann. I think there is an AA row on the wings and an AA, BB row in the Center, but six in one hand half dozen in the other. We're looking at Right Orchestra and the description says 4th row. I guess there's an AA there.

It sounds like these seats are a winner though. Think it's time for me to take the plunge!

9. Re: Cort Theater Seating Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16