We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hand crafted silver jewelry

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
hand crafted silver jewelry

Hi there,

was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in the city I may find some beautiful hand crafted silver jewelry?

I was hoping for maybe a ring or bangle but some unique and not mass produced, commercial items.

I've tried googling this but with no such luck.

price isn't really an issue as wanting something special.

I love to buy one nice piece usually a bangle when in a different country as a keepsake. I like more delicate items rather than really chunky. Less is more if you know what I mean haha

would be really grateful for any suggestions etc

thanks.

Maria x

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

LOL ... I found the most beautiful silver shop I was in town last year ... but do I remember where it was???

no, just that it was somewhere in 'the village' and I still treasure the earrings I bought (I'm a 'silver lady' as well ...!)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 20:05
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

Aw glad you found something beautiful just shame you can't remember where haha

thanks anyway 😊 x

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

I tried to check my credit card (it was the first time that worked again after some issues .... but all the transaction says is:

LOWER EAST SIDE TE NEW YORK USA

... that don't help, do it? ... but it's a fun area to walk around, so do!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

Haha

thanks ill take a look around, like you said its a nice village to walk around 😊

thanks so much for trying to find out, its really appreciated x

5. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 17:35
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

Aw thanks so much, that's really helpful. Ill take a look. X

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

I too love unique pieces and have a wonderful collection from places we've travelled, including NYC. Not all silver, but they are unique and lovely pieces.

You don't mention when you are visiting, but in case it's during the Christmas season, there are some wonderful vendors at the various markets around the City. I found some great pieces especially at the Columbus Circle market.

The Hester Street Fair, which is on now I believe, has some nice items. And a great local clothing designer as well.

Outside of markets, Erica Weiner Jewelry is amazing (173 Elizabeth btwn Spring & Kenmare - Lower East Side). Well made affordable pieces, vintage and new, inlcuding locally made vintage inspired pieces. She uses interesting materials and curiosities.

Another spot is Seasonal Whispers in Tribeca (71 Murray btwn Broadway & Greenwich). This is a mother & daughter team, that live and design their hadnmade jewelry in Tribeca. Some pieces are handset with Swarovski crystals or Czech pearls. The pieces look & feel like treasured gifts. They have these great stackable bracelets. There's also a shop in Soho (330 W Broadway @ Grand).

Hope you find something you like.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

I loved Yaf Sparkle .

the address is 158 Orchard St between Stanton and Rivington Streets in the LES.

they also have an online website: www.yafsparkle.com

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,765 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

LOWER EAST SIDE TE sounds like it might be a receipt from the shop at the Tenement Museum. Is that possibly where you made this purchase?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hand crafted silver jewelry

Thank you all so so much, thats incredibly helpful. I am going to nyc the 26th of August. Hoping to visit a market or two and hoping a street/flee market.

I have taken note of all the places mentioned and addresses, thanks for including them.

I have looked at Erica Weiner's website and the bits I saw were beautiful.

I am sure i will find something I like within these places :)

Thanks again x