We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

Excellent multi-media article from NYTimes

nytimes.com/interactive/…

Level Contributor
34 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

Thanks for the post.

London, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

Ive got tickets in August. Looking at that article it looks like ill be in tears throughout it :/

Does anyone know where the entrance to the memorial is?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

I have tickets for the opening for the public next week. I will also update this thread with security/bathrooms/etc info.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a very moving place.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 22:54
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

>> How does he hope people will feel when they leave? “Optimistic about the future,” he says. “That we have the wherewithal as a society to create positive results from negative events.” <<

The above is a quote taken from one of the articles found at the end of the multi-media presentation. The speaker was one of the partners in the Museum's lead architect firm.

I remember visiting the 9/11 Tribute Center, after first visiting the Memorial, a couple of years ago and the two things that have stayed with me the most from the visit to the Tribute Center are:

1. Being able to relate more to individual victims and their families and, as a result, pay my respects and honor their memories in a more meaningful way.

2. The sense of hope and inspiration that I left the Center with.

A victim's family member taught me "Nothing can undo the events of that day but we can choose to move forward and do good as a result of those events."

I hope the Museum will help us to remember the victims as individuals, honor them and their legacies, and enable visitors to leave with a similar sense of hope and inspiration even as it will, undoubtedly, awaken feelings of grief, helplessness, and even anger initially. We will see.

Thank you NYNM for posting the above link. I too will be visiting the museum shortly after it opens; our tickets are for May 28th. I am glad that I was able to see the above introduction, and read the accompanying articles, because it will help me prepare emotionally and mentally for the visit.

6. Re: Preview: 9/11 Memorial Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:17