We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Happy Hours ?

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
523 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bars/Happy Hours ?

hi

arrive in New York just over a month whey hey hey :) we are staying at the Carvi 152 East 55th st, anybody any suggestions for good happy hours or bars around that area, mainly like

chilling at the bar with a beer hopefully with the locals, one of the best memories of last trip to new york was going to an irish/sports bar somewhere near Macys with a load of construction workers, who managed to get my friend legless, because she wanted to drink what new yorkers drink!! to this day I havent a clue what it was, but god love em they got us safely into a taxi and sent us on our way, back to the Edisson (sadly her boyfriend wasnt to pleased with me when I pushed her through the hotel door, his fault he should have stayed). Anyway now I am much more sensible so that wont happen again!!!

are the happy hours in general at a set time? we are planing to go to Greenwich village one afternoon/evening again any bar suggestions would be great

CHEERS

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Happy Hours ?

Search drink deals NYC.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Happy Hours ?

In your area, there isn't much. But I enjoy the little Irish Bar the Session House on 2nd Ave between 54th and 53rd. They have Happy Hour, as do many bars in NYC. 5-7 PM is a typical happy hour special. Greenwich Village has a lot more options. In fact, they have everything from cheap college bars (3 Sheets on W. 3rd St, Off the Wagon on MacDougal), craft beer bars (Blind Tiger on Bleecker, Peculiar Pub on Bleecker, Old Rabbit Club downstairs at 124 Macdougal), wine bars (Entwine on Washington Street, 8th Street Wine Cellar, Blue Ribbon wine bar on Downing Street), and even bespoke cocktails (Employees Only on Hudson Street). And that's just the ones I know!

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Happy Hours ?

It all depends... usually starts around 4-5 and goes on till 7-8-midnight depending on the location.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,392 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/Happy Hours ?

Guantanamera. 939 8th Ave (between W 55th St & W 56th St) has $6.00 wine, sangria and mojitos, and $4.00 beers between 4 and 7, Monday - Thursday.

Pjk

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,910 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/Happy Hours ?

Drinkdeal.com

6. Re: Bars/Happy Hours ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:17