We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions....

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions....

First time visit to New York City

Train into Penn Station

Staying 3 Nights - Sat, Sun, Mon (August 2-5)

Would like to stay within walking (20 min leisure walk) distance to the majority of sights (Times Square, Central Park, Broadway Show etc.)

Budget $200-$250 Night

No need for high end executive hotel - just a standard hotel - clean room/bed - we plan to be out most of the time visiting/viewing what New York City has to offer - so not spending too much time in the hotel room or hotel

Any suggestions, much appreciated!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

I'm assuming this is for one bed, since the budget is very low, even for one bed. In midtown there isn't much at that price. I did find a price for the Candlewood on W. 39th Street for $270/nt including taxes. There are also some lower non-refundable rates if you are comfortable doing that.

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

Thanks!

Yes - one bed (prefer Queen or King)

I'll have to increase my budget to +$300 / night

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

Look on travelzoo.ca they have some summer specials. It is a reliable site.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

For one bed, I think I'd try Priceline and/or Hotwire for those dates. Check out betterbidding.com for helpful info on how to navigate through the sites if you've never used them before.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

Hotels.com has some good sales right now that will work for you dates, so take a look there. Just make sure that it you can cancel without penalty if you think your dates might change. Here's a code you can try: WEEK10OFF. It's a 10% off discount that won't work on all hotels, chains, for example, but you can try it.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,513 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

I'm seeing quite a few options for your original budget. Shawn, did you maybe enter the wrong dates? I'm seeing Candlewood Suites for $198 on Kayak.com , or $232 for fully cancelable. Several other options are also within the original budget.

Travel Zoo has the Millenium Broadway Hotel for $172-$212 (ranging from standard to Premiere). All of them have a queen bed. Read hotel reviews and look at photos. The hotel is on the tired side, but that's a nice price. You'll probably have to register to see it: travelzoo.com/hotels/…

Or you can try entering TZOO PROMOTION on the hotel's website. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't (meaning you have to follow the TravelZoo link for booking)

Take a look at Kayak.com You can filter results by 0.5 miles from Times Square (or whatever criteria you want) and only hotels with Excellent ratings. There are quite a few that will meet your criteria. You might want to check out reviews, balance cost vs other things you like about the hotel, decide whether you want to go for non-refundable, etc. You can come back to the forum for help narrowing your list of favorites.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

The new (opens June 15) Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan-Midtown East has an outstanding deal on your dates with the Hilton MVP rate. It's located at 206 East 52nd Street. The rate for a room with king bed is $159 per night plus taxes. Too get this rate you must be a Hilton Honors member (hiltonhonors.com) and it's free and easy to join online then enter code N0041604 in the corporate account box at the hotel website. Rate is fully cancelable until 2 days before check-in. As at all Hilton Garden Inns, rooms offer small frig, microwave, coffee maker and included wifi.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 01:10
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

It's ok to use that corporate account number? Do I not have to show some sort of proof?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Suggestions....

It looks like hilton garden inn it is - thanks for all the advice

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply