We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smalls Jazz Club & Comedy Cellar - Good choices?

Moncton, Nb
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Smalls Jazz Club & Comedy Cellar - Good choices?

I guess the Comedy Cellar is a done deal because my boyfriend has heard that Louis CK sometimes randomly shows up there, so why not.... never know. Mr. CK could be bored on a Sunday night hehe.

Smalls Jazz Club... I chose it based on the performance that night (Monday May 20, which is the only night that fits in the schedule...) But from the online photos I saw, it looks like a very small space. Is it intimidating? Will 2 canadian tourists be out of place there?

Mentioned in this post
Comedy Cellar
Comedy Cellar
874 Reviews
New York City, NY
Smalls
Smalls
311 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,644 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Smalls Jazz Club & Comedy Cellar - Good choices?

Yes it is tiny and pretty funky which makes it a nice treat if the music is good. Reasonably priced compared to other jazz spots. They do not have seating at tables. Too small for that. Nice little bar.

Not sure why you or anyone would be out of place. Why would you be?

Moncton, Nb
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smalls Jazz Club & Comedy Cellar - Good choices?

I don't know, I am from a small city so I'm thinking of tiny bars here who are full of regulars, and where 'everyone knows your name' type of place. I suppose with all the people living in NYC it's probably not like that eh? hehe

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,644 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smalls Jazz Club & Comedy Cellar - Good choices?

There is definitely that going on at Small's but it does not have any impact on first time visitors. People are not yakking to each other as they are listening to the music. It is a club not a bar though it has one.

4. Re: Smalls Jazz Club & Comedy Cellar - Good choices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:17