We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice

Bedford
4 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice

Hi all

Myself and my boyfriend are off to NYC on Friday (16th May). I have created an itinerary but I have no idea if it is any good, so am looking for help on how it could be improved.

I would like to visit Brooklyn and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge if I can fit it in..

Friday, 16th May 2014

• Arrive to JFK @ 2.30pm

• Times Square as is close to hotel

• Have a walk around to get our bearings, find somewhere nice to eat

Saturday, 17th May 2014 (My birthday)

• Helicopter Tour @ 12.15pm

• Top of The Rock

• MET Museum

Sunday, 18th May 2014

• Grand Central Station

• Whispering Gallery in Grand Central Terminal

• Gossip Girl Tour @ 1pm, New York Palace Hotel

• Chrysler Building

• Empire State Building (Around sunset so that we can see day and night views)

Monday, 19th May 2014 (Boyfriend's birthday)

• Photo Trek Tour @ 1pm - The New Victory Theater – 3 hours

• Central Park Zoo

• Central Park

o Alice in Wonderland Statue

o Romeo & Juliet Statue

o Lasker Pool/Ice Rink

o The Pool (Waterfall)

o Hans Christian Anderson Statue

o Belvedere Castle

Tuesday, 20th May 2014

• Statue of Liberty @ 12pm

• Of Mice and Men @ 8pm, Longacre Theatre

• Times Square

Wednesday, 21st May 2014

• American Museum of Natural History

• Flight at 9.30pm

Thanks

Emma

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice

This is a good first start. The only thing I'd ask is is this order you are planning on doing things on those particular days or just want you want to cover each day? If it's the order, you I'd keep the days the same but change the order of a few things around.

To save me doing what may be a whole heap of unnecessary typing, please let us know.

Bedford
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice

Hiya

We have booked the following things for those dates:

- Photo tour

- Gossip Girl tour (I'm a huge fan, a bit sad I know-surprised my boyfriend is allowing me to drag him along hehe!)

-Helicopter tour

-Statue of Liberty

-Of Mice and Men

The following are open tickets:

-Empire State

-TOTR

-Central Park Zoo

The activities which aren't booked for a specific date/time I would be happy to move around. I feel like some of my days may be a little empty??

I would like some room for shopping but I'm sure I'll be able to fit this in and around the attractions

Thanks

Emma

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice

At first I was concerned with your schedule of doing both the midday helicopter tour and the Met, but then I realized that the Met is open until 9pm on Saturdays. You will need that extra time.

For Chrysler Building - note that the lobby is open only on regular workdays. You can look at the outside of the building, but you won't be able to see the lobby on Sunday.

I'd suggest dropping sunset at ESB and going to Brooklyn instead. You should have plenty of time that day. You can always do ESB late night if you really want to. Many people decide not to do both the TOTR and the ESB.

You can do some shopping here and there, but think about the logistics of being stuck carrying your purchases for your next activities.

4. Re: Itinerary Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16