We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

Manchester
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation

Hi All

Myself and my hubbie are looking to visit NY next year but I don't like lifts or heights, I have said I will tolerate the lift and height of TOTR as a one off but I don't want to do it everyday at the hotel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of either a low hotel or a hotel with low rooms I can walk up the stairs to.

Thanks

Sue

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation

Even if you stay in a high-rise hotel you can still stay in a room on a low floor. So the height of the hotel shouldn't really matter, right? Just make sure you make it clear when you make your reservation that you need a low floor (specificy the highest you will be able to walk the stairs. 2nd, 3rd ?) Tell them it's for health reasons.

Granted in some hotels the lobby doesn't start at ground level so those you'd want to avoid.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation

Hotels generally won't guarantee that you will get a room on a low floor, but they will try to accommodate you.

If you might enjoy an apartment style hotel room, take a look at the suites at ChelseaLodge.com . They also have regular inn rooms that are less expensive, but very tiny and most have shared bathroom facilities. It's variable. The suites are in a Brownstone a couple of doors down from the main Inn.

3. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 10:16