We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Plus, 145 E, 49th Street.

Level Contributor
276 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Plus, 145 E, 49th Street.

We are coming back from Queens on Mon Sep15th, having picked up another couple, there are now 3 couples - we have another 2 nights in Manhattan before heading home to Dublin on Sep 17 from JFK.

Figured that better value for money would be an apartment for all six and the Best Western seems to fit the bill, 2 bed + sofa, seems to be ok for size and it's legal.

The only tiny doubt is location, is it good for walking distance to say Times Square and all the usual tourist sights ( say within half hour walk).

I have booked 3 earlier nights , Sep 9 to Sep 12 for 2 couples at Hampton Inn Times Sq Nth, now having second thoughts when looking at Radio City Apts - much cheaper and location equally as good and also legal, decisions... decisions.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Plus, 145 E, 49th Street.

The first place you ask about is Best Western Hospitality and it's a great place but I'm not sure they'll accept 6 adults in one suite. There's only 1 bathroom, not a great idea imo. I think you might be better in separate rooms or a 2 bedroom suite some place that has 2 bathrooms like

Nycsalisbury.com

But you will have to contact them for pricing. As for the beginning of the trip, Hampton Inn is a much nicer hotel and usually includes breakfast. But if 2 couples are going to share one room, you might prefer a one bedroom suite at Radio Ciry for a bit more space/privacy.

Level Contributor
276 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Plus, 145 E, 49th Street.

Thanks nywhiz, have managed to book a 2 bed suite in Best Western, sleeps up to 6 adults, they have even included breakfast, took the cancellable deal - total for 6 for 2 nights, including taxes -$1717.00, works out at $286.00 per night per couple.

Reduces to $247.00 if I pay up front, so may do that, the only downside, as you say, is the bathroom.

The thinking is that it will be somewhere clean and within walking distance to have a good night's sleep.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Plus, 145 E, 49th Street.

But I still think you will only get 1 bathroom. They may have one suite with 2 bathrooms. You might ask. Yes, they always include breakfast.

When I said Hampton Inn TSN is nicer, I was comparing it Radio City apts., btw.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 22:57
4. Re: Best Western Plus, 145 E, 49th Street.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17