We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel opinions

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel opinions

Looking for the experts opinions on a few hotel possibilities: Hampton Inn Manhattan/SoHo; Hampton Inn Times Square North; Comfort Inn Chelsea; The Lucerne Hotel. For a group -- trying to stay within a decent budget ($250-$280 per night) -- 2 double beds minimum, 2 queen beds if possible. Hampton Inn includes breakfast which is nice. Like the SoHo area for teen girls to browse the boutiques, galleries. Friend recommended the Lucerne -- not familiar with the upper west side at all -- appropriate for 17-18 year old girls to stroll/lunch/shop, etc.? All opinions greatly appreciated!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel opinions

I think it's a choice between Hampton Inn Times Square North with 2 queens, breakfast and proximity to lots of the tourist stuff or Hampton Inn Soho for a "cooler" neighborhood with lots of shopping. The upper west side is lovely, but I don't think the Lucerne will give you more space or anything preeferable for teens vs. the other 2.

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel opinions

Thanks for the advice! I know the girls will love the hustle and bustle of Times Square, but am thinking that SoHo would be better for evening time. I'm thinking they will be looking for boutiques, galleries, cafes, etc. -- in a decent area to be out walking in the evenings; assuming Hampton Inn SoHo would be a good match for that? Another question for Hampton Inn SoHo - convenient to subway/bus routes (I hope!) If I'm reading maps correctly, it is also close to Chinatown, Little Italy and Greenwich Village - lots of options for restaurants. Will have a group of 15, so meals may be a bit challenging!

3. Re: Hotel opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17