We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Financial District during Thanksgiving

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Financial District during Thanksgiving

We are probably going to be staying in the financial district for 3 nights arriving the day after thanksgiving (28th Nov) and was wondering whether there would be many cafes, delis, diners or restaurants in the area open for breakfast/brunch or dinner? If not I take it there will be plenty of choice in other area's such as Times Square etc..

Is everywhere in general (apart from financial district) busier over thanksgiving?

This will be our first time in NYC so just trying to think of it from every angle!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Financial District during Thanksgiving

The financial district now has lots of people living there so there will be places open. Tribeca is just the next area north and also has loads of places. Which hotel will you use?

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Financial District during Thanksgiving

As per my other post Millenium Hilton is out in front at the moment!

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Financial District during Thanksgiving

Get your shopping shoes on, girl coz it is crazy sale over here after Thanksgiving! ( That's my answer for your question about being busy around financial district). I'm pretty sure restaurants are open around the area as there will be lots of people with shopping bags...hehe... Enjoy your stay!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Financial District during Thanksgiving

That Hilton is very close to Tribeca a mecca and dining destination. You will have no problem eating and the restaurants are top rated.

5. Re: Financial District during Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17