We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EWR to Times Square

St. John's, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
EWR to Times Square

I'm flying into Newark and staying at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square. I've read about the Airtrain. Is this the best way to get from A to B??

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
494 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EWR to Times Square

All kinds of rail and road issues on this route at present. We're watching the following thread for feedback on people's travel experiences.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k73533…

We're travelling on Friday and I'll try to post our experience once we've arrived.

NJ
Level Contributor
552 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EWR to Times Square

If you're not coming in during rush hour. It may be better to take the Newark Airport Express bus which goes to Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42nd ST & 8th Ave. From there you could simply walk (or take a taxi) to your hotel.

The AirTrain is currently down until at least July for construction. If you want to take the train you'd need to take the shittle bus that is replacing the AirTrain. This will take you to Newark Penn Station from there you can take a NJ Transit to Penn Station in Manhattan. Since you're going to a Times Square hotel and the Airtrain isn't working (and you'll have to take the replacement shuttle bus) I'd just take the Newark Airport Express bus.

3. Re: EWR to Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 11:22