We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York: Start of November or start of December?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
New York: Start of November or start of December?

Hi all,

My partner and I are planning a 5-night trip to New York later this year. It'll be my first time there and although my partner has been there before he can't remember much about it as he went when he was a child.

We're wondering whether we should go at the start of November to coincide with our 5-year anniversary or wait for a few weeks until the Christmas decorations are out at the start of December.

Grateful for any opinions on this! Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,385 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York: Start of November or start of December?

I'd say the end of either month for better hotel prices. The first Sunday in Nov. is the NYC Marathon which fills hotels and pushes up hotel prices. By the end of the month, most of the Xmas decorations are up and hotel pricing around Thanksgiving (4th Sunday of the month) is surprisingly good. The first week or so in Dec. are EXTREMELY expensive and crowded. By about the 18-27 of Dec., prices are very good.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York: Start of November or start of December?

Listen to nywhiz about the prices. :) Beyond that, if you want to see NYC all glittering for Christmas, come Thanksgiving or later. Early November is be good if you want to see the autumn colors, though, and it's usually still rather pleasant temperature-wise.

3. Re: New York: Start of November or start of December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 11:22