We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free tours

Glasgow
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Free tours

We would maybe like to go on one of the free walking tours I've noticed are mentioned here. Any recommendations?

Also, how much tip should I give - I have no clue and would not want to offend.

Thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free tours

My bf and I did 2 NYC Free Tours By Foot (and 1 Boston one) last year and thought they were absolutely fantastic. We did the Greenwich Village and Brooklyn Heights tours.

We tipped $20pp for each tour, so $40 total. That was pretty much the going rate from our experience.

www.freetoursbyfoot.com/new-york-tours/

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
600 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free tours

check out Big Apple Greeters - www.bigapplegreeter.org

all volunteers - free - if you wish to make a donation - to the organisation - not the greeter - at the conclusion of your tour - it is optional and at your discretion

see reviews on Trip Advisor

we did a tour with BAGs in 2012 - with a gentleman that guided us through Brooklyn - his home - fantastic and recommended............................

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free tours

Highly recommend www.freetoursbyfoot.com

We did the Greenwich Village tour in February and it was fantastic and very informative, whilst still casual. We tipped US$20 each.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
379 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free tours

Thanks. I really like the idea of a tour. Freetoursbyfoot was one I had googled.

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free tours

My husband and I are booked to do the Manhattan tour & Brooklyn Bridge tour. Really looking forward to it and keen to book more especially a food one!!

CapeTown
Level Contributor
144 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free tours

Have booked East Village Food Tour, Harlem, Manhattan by Night and High Line Tours for next month via Free Tours by Foot as I have done vast research and they come highly recommended

7. Re: Free tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:15