We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Prices

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Topic
Flight Prices

Hi Guys,

not sure if anyone can help me in this forum

i want to book my flights.

currently looking at €970 for me and my husband flying from dublin direct to JFK 1st - 6th Nov with Aerlingus

before i go ahead and book does anyone know if i could get these cheaper if i waited do you think aerlingus will bring the cost

*direct flights only

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Prices

Have you tried Skyscanner or Kayak? I'm looking at about the same price from heathrow to JFK.

Mentioned in this post
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Prices

Are you going for the marathon? It's on the 2nd so there will be a lot of runners heading in to the city around your time.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Prices

Hi

No not going for marathon. Just going for a city break with my husband.

I guess this is around the price I can expect to pay!

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Prices

If you're not going for the marathon, seriously consider changing your dates. Even if it doesn't change the airfare, hotels will be significantly cheaper.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
703 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Prices

yes very true, i will look at the following wk

thanks

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Prices

Am I correct in assuming that 970 euro figure is for return tickets for two people, not one? In that case, I think that's a decent price in light of what I've seen recently for offpeak fares to Ireland. I don't know how Aer Lingus bases prices for journeys originating in Ireland, but for trips originating in the US they always seem to be among the highest compared to other airlines that serve DUB nonstop, like United,

You refer to a "direct" flight. Do you mean nonstop -- i.e., a plane that makes no stops at all between Dublin and New York (in American travel English, a direct flight would also include journeys with one or more stops on the direct route from point A to point B). You need to make this clear in searching for alternatives -- as the less expensive ones will likely include a stop or change of planes somewhere enroute.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Flight Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:16