We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queens 10k Race

Leitrim, Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Queens 10k Race

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone can please help me out or send me in the right direction. My friend and I are travelling to New York for the first time on our holidays in June. We are avid runners here in Ireland and when looking at our itinerary for our holidays we had decided on signing up for the Queens 10k as it looks fantastic. We registered with NYRR there and then. We also booked accommodation close to Flushing Meadows for the night before the run. You can probably see where I am going with this....... When finalising bookings for our trip we realised the race had booked out!! We are devastated, (I genuinely cried a little) it was going to be the highlight of the trip for me anyway! We didn't consider the fact it might get sold out.

Is there a facility for people to sell their entries if they can no longer take part or can anyone here advise me!? I am very familiar with races and organising races here in Ireland so I know how strict and difficult it can be. I would be forever grateful if you can help us out!?

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queens 10k Race

Try the Runners World forum, you should have some luck there

…runnersworld.com/category/races-andamp-plac…

Ireland
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queens 10k Race

actually, i've just seen you found it, great minds..........

Edited: 26 May 2014, 13:39
Leitrim, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Queens 10k Race

Thanks Keith! Haven't had any response yet.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,891 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queens 10k Race

I would also suggest that you email Roadrunners direct with your story since you are a member.

Leitrim, Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Queens 10k Race

Thanks, I emailed them directly yesterday but no response there yet. From being involved in races here I know there has to be people registered who will not run. I might be luckier closer to the date.

6. Re: Queens 10k Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:15