We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July 2014

Lafayette, Louisiana
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July 2014

I'm sure these questions have come up before and I've tried to look for an answer but I'm getting overwhelmed with this big city planning here! I will be traveling to NYC with a friend for the week of 4th of July 2014 and we are staying at The Roosevelt. Just to give you an idea we are both in our thirties and single. We are still trying to nail down plans for Friday July 4th. We would like to be able to go somewhere to chill and have drinks and ideally be able to see the fireworks that will be coming from the Brooklyn Bridge this year. Also it would be nice to be somewere that is at least somewhat "happening" (as opposed to a very quiet lounge). But it doesn't have to be crazy either (if that's possible?). Eating at the same place would be good too but not a requirement; we can always eat earlier. Some of the places we looked into initially had good views of the Hudson River but now the fireworks have changed to Brooklyn side. The club 230 5th looks really cool but they said only one area has a view of that direction. Any suggestions of what lounges/bars/hotel lounges/restaurants would be good for the 4th? I appreciate it greatly. Can't wait!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July 2014

There will be no "very quiet" lounges in NYC for the fireworks(with a view.)

Why not 230 5th? Were they not able to get you an area with the view?

Lafayette, Louisiana
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July 2014

Hi, thanks for the reply. 230 5th said they do not officially have an event planned yet...but that doesn't mean I can't get reservations I guess. But I was just inquiring and not ready to make a decision right then and there. I just asked them a couple questions and they mentioned only one spot would have a view I was looking for...and I think she did say we could order bottle service to get a table there (I think that's what she meant). I can call back tomorrow and ask again just to get clarification.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July 2014

Bump in case anyone else has any ideas....

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July 2014

I'm still looking for July 4 ideas too. We don't want to be in the massive crowds, so are looking for restaurant/bar etc with fireworks view in Manhattan. If anyone has other suggestions please chime in.

5. Re: 4th of July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:15