We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel suitable for couple on first trip to NY?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Which Hotel suitable for couple on first trip to NY?

Hi All,

We are a couple in our early 40’s heading to New York 24-28 September. As this is a long overdue and first holiday without kids(yeah) we want to stay somewhere that is typically not child friendly.( So many of our holidays are determined by child friendly hotels). Maybe some type of boutique hotel that is trendy and chic! While price is of course important location is more important to us at the moment. This is our first trip so we want somewhere that is easy accessible even maybe walkable to a lot of the top attractions/ Sights. We have never been before so will be visiting all the main attractions. Price at the moment is around 450 ish a night all taxes included. I have been looking but getting confused with all the different areas. I am afraid we will end up with something that is not central by mistake.

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel suitable for couple on first trip to NY?

There is no one central area although a lot of people stay in midtown

you simply need to be near a subway stop

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel suitable for couple on first trip to NY?

Hotel Giraffe would be top of my list without kids and with your budget. Some great included things, breakfast, evening wine and cheese for three hours, WIFI. Great reviews and a very nice midtown location.

Very well reviewed on here. If you go through the tripadvisor links you can sometimes get a better deal, but the hotel site should always be checked for specials.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel suitable for couple on first trip to NY?

Row NYC hotel is my base hotel since it was the Milford.

Great location and newly renovated. Small but decent and nice rooms. I've never seen families with kids in there.

Is near Times Sq and many other attractions. From there you can walk to any Broadway theatre, to MoMA, to Rockefeller Building, St Patrick's, and is close to the Hell's Kitchen area and all its restaurants. Many subway stations around.

Your budget may also allow you to stay at Marriot Marquis, right in the heart of Times Sq. great hotel but I've seen families with kids there since the rooms are larger

4. Re: Which Hotel suitable for couple on first trip to NY?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:16