We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cronuts, babka, and frozen hot chocolate...oh my

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
80 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cronuts, babka, and frozen hot chocolate...oh my

Headed to NYC in 2 weeks. The wife & daughter love their sweets.

3 questions:

1. Is it still crazy to try to get a cronut?

2. Living in the south, babka bread is hard to come by. Does any place sell babka slices instead of a whole loaf?

3. Does the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 live up to the hype and worth waiting for?

Houston
Level Contributor
265 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cronuts, babka, and frozen hot chocolate...oh my

I think the cronut craze is still going strong. But do what I did and go on their website and see if you can preorder. They take preorders 2 weeks in advance (if I recall correct) so you might be within the time frame if you check soon. I think they open up the orders on Mondays ONLY and once full, they shut down the website for orders. If you do get lucky enough for a preorder, simply walk past the line and get your treats! Also, if you dont get the preorder and you dont feel like waiting in line for a cronut, do yourself a favor and get in line for the regular bakery line. Its much shorter and you are guaranteed to love anything you try. I wasnt that amazed by the cronut but his other treats were wonderful!! You cant go wrong either way.

As for the frozen hot chocolate, not sure its worth it, BUT, you might as well go for the fun of it. Its an interesting and cozy little place and your wife and daughter will love it! Also, they take reservations, so no need to worry about standing in any lines for Serendipity

Edited: 28 May 2014, 18:55
USA
Level Contributor
12,438 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cronuts, babka, and frozen hot chocolate...oh my

As far as babka, give First Ave Pierogi and Deli a call:

yelp.com/biz/first-ave-pierogi-and-deli-new-…

I was in there a while back and could have sworn I saw babka's there?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,245 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cronuts, babka, and frozen hot chocolate...oh my

When I picked up my pre-ordered cronuts a couple of weeks ago there was a small line and cronuts available. Not sure if you want to make a special trip, but if you're in the neighborhood, worth stopping in.

I bet there are peaks and valleys depending on media coverage.

suitcaseready.com

4. Re: Cronuts, babka, and frozen hot chocolate...oh my

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:16