We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 Days until we leave for New York City!

lumberton texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
9 Days until we leave for New York City!

Ok. I'm 75% done with itinerary. Need help. We will be in New York June 7th thru 11th. We are staying at The Lucerne.

Saturday - arrive about 3:00, head to hotel to check in. Go to Time Square. Top Of The Rock.

Sunday - 10:00 TMZ tour and 3:00 Cinderella. Need ideas for before and after Cinderella.

Monday - 9:30 911 Memorial, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Greenwich Village

Tues: Central Park, Am. Museum of Nat. History. Need ideas for after museum. 7:00 Broadway Rocky.

Wednesday - I turn 40 and we go home!

So some itinerary fillers, tips on transportation, places to eat, birthday celebration dinner, shopping(definitely want to squeeze this one in), etc.

This is our first trip and I want everyone to have a wonderful experience. It's two women and two 13 yr old girls.

Please give me tips on what to do and not do in New York.

I've been told to squeeze in the Stardust Diner(I think that is what they said) and Shake Shack.

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 Days until we leave for New York City!

We'll be in NY the 6-13! It's a mom/daughter trip, so 2 16yr olds.

We've got Stardust Diner on our agenda too. We also have reservations for Beauty & Essex, for a dress up dinner. Looks fun & sounds like it's right up our alley.

Shopping is abundant & greatly depends on your preferences. We've scouted out a bunch of vintage shops cause our girls love that type of thing. But finding a spot for whatever you're into won't be difficult!

Have a great trip!

Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 Days until we leave for New York City!

There's a Shack Shack (www.shakeshack.com/location/upper-west-side/) near the American Museum of Natural History.

The Plaza Food Hall (www.theplazany.com/dining/foodhall/) would be a fun stop for a sweet treat or lunch.

L'Ecole (www.lecolenyc.com/) might be a good celebration meal + shopping down Broadway in Soho. It'd probably fit in best if you moved Times Square and Top of the Rock to Sunday.

The subway can get you to all of your activities, unless you would like the experience of riding in a yellow taxi cab.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 Days until we leave for New York City!

**Please give me tips on what to do and not do in New York.**

-Buy a Metrocard for the subway and bused as soon as you can.

-When using the subway....1 seat per person(no bags/feet/etc.)

-When using escalators, stay to the right. The left side is the "express' where people will walk up and down.

-Don't wait until you get to the subway turnstile to look for your Metrocard.

-Review tipping procedures(hotels/taxis/restaurants/etc.)

-Don't exit the subway and stint at the top of the stairs.

-Try not to walk 4 across the sidewalks.

-DO stop and sit somewhere and just people watch.

-DO not hesitate to ask what looks like a local for help(directions,etc.)

-DO try to get to Greenwich Village on a weekend and explore Washington Square Park.

-Do consider the Brooklyn Flea/Smogasburgh that Sunday in Brooklyn:

http://www.brooklynflea.com/markets/

-DO take a look at this thread for more ideas:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7454507…

Edited: 28 May 2014, 15:45
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,608 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 Days until we leave for New York City!

DO get a guidebook

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 Days until we leave for New York City!

^^

ha

6. Re: 9 Days until we leave for New York City!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:16