We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wood berry Common

Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
Wood berry Common

I am staying close to Grand Central Station I want to go to wood berry Common by public transport so I can return when I want. What is the best way.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wood berry Common

Real public (i.e. run by the state) transportation does not go to Woodbury Commons, but there are several different private bus lines that leave frequently. Just look at the list on this page and click on the links for schedules.

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wood berry Common

You can take the 7 train from Grand Central to 42nd Street and walk to the Port Authority bus terminal. Taking the train GOING will be easier.

Then get to the Shortline Bus window(2nd floor) and purchase your tickets($32.40/roundtrip WITHOUT the coupon booklet.) You can get a voucher for the coupon booklet via the Woodbury Commons website(sign up for the free VIP program.)

The bus takes just about 1 hour to/fro. When you come back to the Port Authority, you can catch a taxi back to your hotel if you have a lot of bags.

Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wood berry Common

Thanks for your help great reply

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wood berry Common

To add, I would try to get on the first bus(well the first bus based on the opening time of WC) which would be the appr 8:30am. That puts you at WC(opens at 10am/9am on general holidays) at appr 9:30/9:40.

That way you can start shopping at 10am and get back to the city at a reasonable time(well, based on how much you shop) for dinner/etc.

They do have a food court/currency exchange booth/ATM/etc.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 19:49
5. Re: Wood berry Common

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:17