We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penn station to Verve Hotel

Australia
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Penn station to Verve Hotel

We will be arriving from Boston by train to Penn Station. Our hotel is the Verve at Long Island. We would like to transfer by metro train if possible,

Can someone suggest which line to go on to do this?

Many thanks

Margaret

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,388 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

You can take the Subway & you have a few choices (I think that is one of the reasons people like the Verve)-

Either the Queens bound E train to "Queensboro Plaza" (Subway station close to the Verve)

Or the Queensbound N or Q trains from Manhattan Mall to 39th Ave in Queens (another subway station close to the Verve)

http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

Also here is an easy must see list w/ a decent nightlife calendar to help fill your itinerary-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23092-Must_dos…

& some food options-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23075-Best_NYC…

&

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23076-Cheap_Ea…

Happy Planning & (most importantly) have fun!

Edited: 30 May 2014, 11:22
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

#1's instructions are good.

Just one warning, never say that area is "Long Island." In NYC, "Long Island" is used to refer to some suburban counties 30 miles away from the center of the city. You need to refer to the Verve neighborhood as "Long Island City" or "LIC."

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

......also, don't call it the metro. It's simply the subway or train.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

Actually the E train does NOT go to Queensboro Plaza, it goes to Queens Plaza. The stations are several blocks apart, Queensboro is elevated, Queens is underground. Take the E from Penn to Queens Plaza. The closest station to the Verve for day to dat travel is the 39AV station with N/Q trains.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 14:33
Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

I went from Penn Station to Verve a few weeks ago, very easy. E to Queens Plaza as mentioned above is what I took. When you exit Queens Plaza station, just in case you don't have your bearings, you want to take the crosswalk across the street going under the overhead roadway and down 29th Street a couple blocks, Verve will be on your right.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips about the metro! We really appreciate it

Bil

7. Re: Penn station to Verve Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16