We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Hi! I need help with mapping out my days for my nyc trip. The following are the places I want to see/visit:

Timesquare

World trade Center Monument

Empire state building - to see the city view

Statue of Liberty

Rockefeller Center

Central Park

Brooklyn Bridge

Chrysler Building

Wall street

Grand Central Terminal

any more recommendation I can squeeze into my itinerary?

Thanks

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Day 1

A) If you arrive early the first day Central Park wold be a good Start (Lunch at the Boathouse) & see some other sites.

www.thecentralparkboathouse.com/index.php

B) Rock Center- If you can time doing Top of the Rock right before sunset you should get some nice views.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d58…

C) Times Square lights at night.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d11…

Day 2

A) Statue of Liberty - Reserve set time crown passes for as early as possible (open,bulk-like passes, or flex time tickets have to wait in a longer line) & get to Battery Park at least a 1/2 hour before your (Early AM) timed ticket (the lines build through the day)-

www.statuecruises.com/choose_tickets.aspx

Tip- After you visit the Statue & Island, Brookfield Place has several lunch options and nice views of the Hudson river, Don't reserve their it is a not so known lunch spot for people that work in the large office buildings there & you may want to grab food at a cart and sit in their beautiful outside seating area-pop in to PJ clarkes or have their outside bbq- you will have plenty of options if you just show up.

http://brookfieldplaceny.com/

B) 9/11 memorial -people usually plan this right after lunch (Reserve for 2pm maybe)

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d16…

C) Wall St. (on the corner of Broadway)

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d13…

D) Brooklyn Bridge - You can walk up Broadway to Park Rowe veer to the right and catch the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade at City Hall -walk to the middle and come back so you get the views in both Directions

E) Optional nightlife, You can Do a Broadway play if you would like this evening or any other of the many night life Coices-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

Day 3

A) Empire State Building (ESB)- Start early here-the lines also build up here, to save yourself from buying express tickets &still waiting over an hour. pre-buy your tickets online for both decks and show up just before they open. The line hasn't filled the building yet, so even if it seems long at this time the wait will only get longer as the day progresses.

B) Chrysler Building- From ESB walk up 5th Ave to 42nd St (you could see Bryant Park & the Famous NYC public Library with the Lions in front) take a right on 42nd St. You can't go in the Chrysler building but you can see it on your way to Grand Central

C) Grand Central- Go in and walk around (Maybe lunch at the oyster bar or Pershing Square across the street)

D) United Nations- If you have time go see the United Nations building (& do their tour if you have a couple hours).

Not sure when you depart the third day -so it should fill the time if not, this list has additional ideas-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

Well, Enjoy!

Edited: 31 May 2014, 10:49
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Awesome!! I appreciate it a lot!! I'll check those places out!! I'm excited to see the Big Apple!!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Climbing to the crown of sol is not for everybody. Be sure you want to do it before booking tickets.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Ok. Noted. Thanks!!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,377 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

The 911 memorial no longer requires reservations. The barriers have been taken down and access is unrestricted. The full 911 Memorial Museum opened last month. The museum does require advance tickets.

You can go into the lobby of the Chrysler Building during business hours. It's open to the public. It is impressive and worth seeing if you can work it into your schedule.

Going to the Statue of Liberty is a big time investment. For a short trip, you might want to consider taking a cruise for close up views.

Whether you can do all of this, and what else to add will depend on whether your trip is 2 or 3 days.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
93 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

If you want to see Statue Of Liberty, taking a boat trip is also a good idea. We took the NY Water Taxi Statue Of Liberty Express. It was an amazing experience!

Also, I've never been to the top of Empire State, but I have visited the Top of Rockefeller Center. The sight there is pretty amazing, and I've heard the queue is a lot shorter. You can also see ESB from up there, which you obviously can't if you're on top of it ;-)

Have fun!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

Thank you all for the replies!

8. Re: itinerary 2-3 days nyc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15