We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in Road trip Itenary

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help in Road trip Itenary

Hi guys,

I am planning for a Road trip in July from New york circling the Northeastern States.

Me and my wife just love Nature (Mountains, Coasts, lakes, Green lush fields.). We are planning for a 10 day road trip where we would like to cover

a.) Coast of Maine

b.) Thousand Islands

c.) The Finger Lakes

d.) Hudson

e.) Wood Stock Vermont

f.) Niagra Falls.

Apart from these i am open to any other suggestions. If any one have a detailed Itenary i would love to see that. This trip is mainly to relax so wouldn't be open for too much trekking and all. But always open for some breathtaking shots.

Looking forward for your responses.

Elex

USA
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in Road trip Itenary

I would post this on the road trips forum as this is the NYC forum.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in Road trip Itenary

I'm not quite sure why you were directed in your 1st TA forum thread to post on the NYC forum, but I agree with springerandy to post on the Road Trips forum. There are many knowledgeable experts on that forum who can help you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

I think one of the first things they are going to tell you is that 10 days is not enough to cover all the places you want to see. You'll need to narrow down your list. In Maine, Acadia National Park on the northern coast is worth several days itself. And there are many other nice places to visit along the Maine coast.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,407 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in Road trip Itenary

How about Cape Cod? Gorgeous scenery and quaint towns. You can take a ferry across the bay from Provinetown at the tip of Cape Cod over to Boston. Then continue north from there.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in Road trip Itenary

Thanks... I would surely put this in Road trip forums!!! Thanks

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,074 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help in Road trip Itenary

As an upstate NYer, items b c & f would be enough for a 10 day road trip. Even then, you'd probably find plenty that you didn't see. I assume you are renting a car? I'd see if I could pick up & drop off in different cities & then pick up a car in Buffalo, spend the night in Niagara Falls at either the Sheraton or Marriott that have falls views, then head down to Route 20 with a perhaps several stays in various places in the Finger Lakes or finding a central location. Then head up to the Thousand Islands for an overnight stay with a boat trip to see the Islands then head south to here in Syracuse to drop off your car.

6. Re: Help in Road trip Itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:16