We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch options.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch options.

Hi.

My daughter and I are coming to New York City the third week of June and I would like to surprise her on her birthday by taking her for brunch ...which is one of her most favourite things in the world. A few bits of random info to help...She is a vegetarian, we have been to Norma's a few times so would like to try something new. And we will be near the Empire State Building or the new World Trade Centre.. I will choose what time of the day we will go to either place based on the best brunch option and the proximity of it. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,452 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch options.

Check this out

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7502433…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch options.

What does she like to eat for brunch? Diffferent places are known for different things. I love Locanda Verde for their lemon ricotta pancakes.i. It's in the Greenwich Hotel in Tribeca which isn't that far from the WTC.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,761 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch options.

If you can't get a table at Locanda Verde and are in the WTC area, I'll suggest North End Grill on the other side of West St. on North end Ave. and Warren bottom of the Conrad Hotel. Be sure to get the bacon and maple croissants. Hudson Eats, the new Upscale Food Hall to rival Gotham West Market is set to open in the Financial Center next week, check that out as well.

Edited: 01 June 2014, 17:52
northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brunch options.

Hi nywhiz. My daughter likes pancakes, eggs and she likes to try new things and yes she does eat cheese. I am going to check out Locanda Verde this afternoon to see if I can get a reservation. Thanks so much. Thank you for your post as well WEQueen and also thanks for that link forgotmypword. My daughter will be interested to see that article as she actually has a blog she writes in Toronto for the 50 best brunch places in Toronto. Thanks again everyone ..I really appreciate the information!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,761 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brunch options.

I like the brunch at Maialino in the .Gramercy Park Hotel, blog worthy.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brunch options.

Was able to get a reservation at Locanda Verde for the Saturday we will be in the city. Very excited!.

WEQueen I just checked and they only have brunch at the Maialino at the Gramercy on weekends (like the Locande Verde). Do you think it would be worth going to Maialino for breakfast on a week day? I just checked their breakfast menu and it looks quite nice, but having some input would be welcome.

7. Re: Brunch options.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:16