We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

Houston, tx
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

We are coming in a few weeks and have tix to a concert at Jones Beach. Looks like taxi and rental car are both in the $150-175 range (round trip), so cost prohibitive. Is there an easy, affordable, safe way to get to and from Nikon at Jones Beach in the evening? Concert starts at 7, so probably leave there by 10 p.m. to head back. I am directionally challenged, and know nothing at all about NYC transportation so help is greatly appreciated! In Texas we just drive everywhere!!

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

Take the LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) from Penn Station to Freeport. Take a taxi (or the bus) from Freeport to the theater.

To return, you will need to take a taxi from the theater back to Freeport, then take the LIRR back to Penn Station.

Houston, tx
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

thank you so much!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

There will be bus service this year between the Freeport LIRR station and the theater at Jones Beach. Scroll down this link for details:

nicebus.com/Maps-Schedules/Jones-Beach-Summe…

Houston, tx
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

thank you! looks like the buses from JB last run at 9 p.m. so that's probably too late for us at a concert that starts at 7 :(

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

Read further down the link I sent and you'll see that there will be buses leaving after concerts.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

Hey Mylinda F:-) I don't know about this NICE bus.. guess it's new this year?;-) I've been going to concerts at the Nikon theater for years now.. once off LIRR can be a bit of a gamble! There IS a regular bus where you can use your metro card to get there... jut note that Jones Beach itself is separate from the theater and a long distance to walk from the beach itself.. chances are there will be loads of others on the train heading to same;-) I've done everything from get on bus.. to call a local car service with others to share;-)

For the return, again there is a regular bus to the train station.. does get packed.. and you'll also find lots of local cabs in area waiting.. but they too tend to go fast;-) Loads driver there and have their own cars but there are lots of folks who use public transport.. bottom line, you'll get there and back either via bus or cab as originally stated;-) Have a fun evening.. and Enjoy!

7. Re: Getting to concert at Nikon at Jones Beach from Lexington Av

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:17