We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

San Pedro Garza...
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

Hi guys, could you please recommend me some things to do in my next stay in NY?. I've given this trip to my wife for next August 2014. Another thing is, how much do I need to bring?. This trip is to know the city, places, not to go shopping and so. Only souvenirs and little things. Thanks all of you for your comments.

Chelsea Market
Flea & Street Markets
Grand Central Market
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Saks Fifth Avenue
Department Stores,
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

What are her interests?

San Pedro Garza...
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

She or we are open for everything, I think what we don't enjoy are the museums and art stuff.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

What do you mean by "things to bring?" Money? Clothes? Provisions?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

Still not specific...when in August/how long?....but:

-Baseball game

-Central Park and/or Prospect Park summer music events

-Brooklyn Flea

-Coney Island

-Explore Brooklyn(Brooklyn Heights/Boerum Hill/Carroll Gardens/Park Slope)

-Washington Square Park(in the Village)

Just a few...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

Do you have a guide book? YOu can bring that and a map. Read the valuable information on the column at the right side: Top Questions on New York as you will learn many things essential to your trip planning. Give us a budget in US dollars and your exact dates (hotel prices vary from day to day) and you will get advice on accommodations.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,534 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

If this is not a surprise trip, you need to get together with your wife, a map & a guide book (you should be able to borrow one from the library) & plan this trip together.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

Are you asking how much money you need to bring? Are you the type of people to grab a slice of pizza for lunch? Or the type to sit down in a full service restaurant, order multiple courses, drinks, etc? You could spend $5pp for lunch or you could spend $50+ (or anywhere in between)

Menupages.com will help give you an idea of the range of food costs. Keep in mind that you will be adding 18-20% tip for restaurants with waiter service.

8. Re: Visit NY for wedding anniversary next August 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 06:17