We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheesecake

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cheesecake

Where is the best place to go to get great New York cheesecake ?

Calne, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheesecake

We are planning a trip to Juniors as we heard they have great cheesecake there but I will be watching this thread with interest as cheesecake is my very favourite dessert.

nj
Level Contributor
325 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheesecake

You are planning right! Junior's is the best. Plain and simple. Any kind is great; but I am actually a purist so I prefer their plain. I am curious to see what others will say on here as well, but as you likely know Junior's wins all the awards all the time and in this case, it really is all that. The best.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
858 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheesecake

We got a strawberry one from Juniors in Grand Central. Didn't need the strawbs, the cheesecake itself was amazing, have tried to find something similar back home but (as expected) to no avail. Oh we'll, guess we better start planning a return trip!

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheesecake

Cheesecake from Juniors was the nicest I have ever eaten!!!

We have eaten Blueberry and cherry cheesecake and both were beyond gorgeous!!!

Calne, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheesecake

moiinnj, I am a plain cheesecake fan too and thanks for confirming we are making the right choice.

As a follow-up question, if we plan to eat dinner at Juniors also, will one piece of cheesecake be plenty for myself and my son to share (bearing in mind we will more than likely share an entree too).

Whittlesey, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheesecake

Carnegie deli was our favourite for plain but Juniors a very close second, then Juniors for the Carrot Cake Cheesecake mmmmmm

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheesecake

OK, I was under the impression that Eileen's was NYC's finest so after reading this maybe I might chalk that off and go with Juniors instead.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
815 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheesecake

Carnegie deli was good but I prefer Juniors cheesecake. On our last trip we took home an entire large cheesecake....lol

One advantage of being able to drive to NYC and we had a large cooler with us.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheesecake

**As a follow-up question, if we plan to eat dinner at Juniors also, will one piece of cheesecake be plenty for myself and my son to share (bearing in mind we will more than likely share an entree too).**

Really depends on how hungry you are.

Just so you know, Junior's food isn't anything to rave about(burgers/wings are good.)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheesecake

The Junior's cheesecake portion wasn't all that big imo. Mind you it was a few years ago when I had it, maybe inflation has affected the size now.