We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

Franklin, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

Currently have 3 nights booked at CitizenM in July, got a good deal (for NY anyway, $224). My GF wants to stay in Manhattan but the CM rooms are only 175 sq feet and she's not sure she would like one that small. Our other acceptable choices are quite a bit more. I do see the Verve out in LIC for a good rate ($150 for regular room, $180 for a suite), My question is how is the Verve? It's ranked #1 here for LIC for what that's worth anyway. How close to the subway? Safety, etc??? She may be convinced to stay in LIC.

Also if anyone has stayed at CitizenM, I believe it's only been open a short time. But opinions are appreciated.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,100 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
91 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

We stayed at the Verve back in December. It's just a couple blocks from the subway into Manhattan so it's very convenient. It's also very safe, and we had no concerns walking around at night. It's fairly close to quite a few good restaurants, and the Museum of the Moving Image is a 10-15 minute walk away if I remember correctly (and it's well worth seeing).

Two of us stayed in the least expensive queen room and had plenty of space, never felt cramped. It had a view of the Manhattan skyline, which was nice, but otherwise it's a pretty basic hotel. The free breakfast is a nice option as well.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

My wife and I stayed at the Verve as well as a few other places in LIC and its a nice place with decent rooms. I wrote a review on it so if you click on my profile and scroll through my reviews you'll get a good idea of it.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,558 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

July can have some good deals on Manhattan hotels. What are your exact dates?

There's nothing wrong with the Verve, but I prefer to stay in Manhattan if I can. I like being able to take off walking rather than always hopping on the subway to get to places of interest.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

Citizen M has just opened. Here are some reviews. The location is pretty awesome.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d6385164…

Franklin, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
83 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

July 20 for 3 nights.

I agree, CitizenM looks cool and we won't be in the room much anyway.and I also like to be able to walk to some of the places we want to visit.

Thanks for the input on the Verve, it's definitely in the mix.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

I've stayed in Manhattan and on LIC at Verve, nothing wrong with getting to/from LIC as there's plenty of subways and they run often, but honestly I'd say you're better off staying at citizenM (I have not been there, only read about it) since you're only there for the 3 days. With the location of citizenM it's easy to swing back to your room to drop off stuff or take a quick rest. LIC would save money, but I would stay at citizenM knowing what I do now. And the size of any room won't matter much in the end, you won't be there all that much.

7. Re: Thoughts on Verve? CitizenM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17