We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

I booked a transfer by Luxury Sedan ( Chrysler 300) from JFK to Midtown Manhattan on 24/05/14. The price on the NYC Star Limo website stated $70 for the airport transfer so I went ahead and booked. I have to say the service was first class but there was a sting in the tail when I got my credit card bill. I booked a return journey - Luxury Sedan (Lincoln /Cadillac at $60) but when I returned to the UK I was billed $196.26 each way. I know there is small print about parking / toll fees etc on the web site but I was shocked to recieve a bill for more than double the quoted price on their web site.

I was billed for "Luxury SUV" on my invoice - not "Luxury Sedan" as I'd ordered. On the website, "Luxury SUV" is billed at $95 for the airport transfer but I've been billed $130 each time. Full breakdown of charges below so that anyone booking with them can see in advance what they're actually going to have to fork out:

Base Fare: $130

Parking: $9

Tolls: $15

Std Gratuity 20% $26

State Tax 8.75% $13.68

Processing fee 2% $2.58,

Total comes out to $196.26

Is this typical of limo companies in NYC?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

That is called a rip off!

Parking?

Processing?

State tax?

I have never had to pay any when taking my local car service to/from any of the airports. They also DON'T include tax.

Whitestone, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

What company did you use? This doesn't sound like one of the usual ones that are recommended here.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

^^

NYC Star Limo

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

I used NYC Star Limos but I guess this should stand as a warning to others. Having re-looked at their website I still can't see any transport for 4 quoted for $130 - the Luxury SUV they billed me for is $95 but the ones I actually ordered were $70 & $60 respectively.

As I said before, the actual service was excellent but they obviously use the lower published rates to draw people in then hit them with "extras".

Lesson learned - I still had a GREAT time in NYC.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 22:47
plymouth england
Level Contributor
196 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

ter1413 who would you recommend as an alternative for JFK - Manhattan Transfer for 5 people?

6. Re: Airport Transfers by Limo / Sedan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:17