We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

i have 2 choices for airports flying from the UK can anone tell me which airport would be best not sure if its JFK or Newark?

any advise would be great

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

JFK is closer

What are the prices for each?

Mentioned in this post
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,618 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

When are you traveling? If it's after mid-July the Newark Airport AirTrain will be back in service, so there'll be no particular difference between the airports in that regard.

If you plan to take a taxi in from the airport then JFK is somewhat more convenient since you can just take a NYC taxi from the airport.

If you're going to use the train (or the not very well regarded airport express buses), there's little difference.

So go with the lowest fares and/or best travel times.

Whatever you do, don't book one of the shuttle services. They're pretty poor in New York.

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

Looking at going around November there's nothing in the price really so doesnot matter which one we fly into it will be our first time in New York so just wanted to see which would be best

any advise is appriecated

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

I would prefer JFK myself

Mentioned in this post
Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
136 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

I'm staying at Row NYC in November and I chose Newark because it's close to train terminals. I even went as far as google mapping the walk from the station to the hotel and it's a piece of cake

Mentioned in this post
Row NYC Hotel
Row NYC Hotel
21,128 Reviews
New York City, NY
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

I've always stay at the Row NYC and no matter where I fly into I always take the NYC Airporter bus from the airport. The bus stops at Port Authority Bus Terminal and then the hotel is just a 2 blocks walk.

From La Guardia and JFK the ride is pretty quick depending the actual time and rush hour. But from Newark is a bit longer.

I did once took the airtrain from Newark and actually like the bus better.

So, both Newark and JFK offer the same bus option to Port Authority, which I think is ideal when staying at Row NYC. But if it were me and the airfare and landing time were the same, I'd chose JFK.

Mentioned in this post
Row NYC Hotel
Row NYC Hotel
21,128 Reviews
New York City, NY
NYC Airporter
NYC Airporter
383 Reviews
New York City, NY
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

thankyou for the information

8. Re: nearest airport for Row NYC hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:15