We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Shake Shack is celebrating its 10-year anniversary next week by kicking off a five-day series of celebrity-chef-created burgers, with a different patty available each day of next week at the original Madison Square Park location. The lineup includes burgers by Daniel Boulud, David Chang, Andrew Zimmern, Daniel Humm (Eleven Madison Park, The Nomad) and April Bloomfield. The burgers will sell for $8.50 each, and Shake Shack will donate $1 from the sale of each to Madison Square Park Conservancy and NYC Parks.

zagat.com/b/new-york-city/shake-shack-to-off…

shakeshack.com/2014/…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Update: and there's a champagne cart as well! (i'd go just for that).

grubstreet.com/2014/06/shake-shack-line-dani…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Apparently people had lined up from 7 in the morning. No way i am getting a sandwich at shake shack today. They will were gone in a couple of hours.

I guess i will just go and have another one of my favorite burger.

The stewed pork burger at Xian Famous foods...yummm and only for $3 :)

http://xianfoods.com/menu/

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

If you can't get a burger, have a champagne! Works every time.

And that picture in the link WEQueen provided show LOTS of truffles on the burger. All for $8.50? Amazing.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Aynat, I would be skeptical if those chunks were the "real McCoy", but not bad for the price. There was birthday cake from Dominique Ansel as well. Don't know if that was on the "menu".

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Yes I bet that truffle burger photo was the marketing one and not what you really got. They would be losing money if they gave that much away.

I bet the DA birthday cake was nice as well.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

I agree. I think that photo was the PR version. I mean it had to be with all those truffles stacked up next to the burger, right?

Regarding the Champagne - How does that work in public areas? Can anyone sell alcohol and it's ok to consume it in parks? I imagine that's not the case and that special license is necessary and that the alcohol needs to be consumed within the park or in a confined area? Are there only certain parks where this is allowed? Just curious, that's all. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

But it's false advertising if they don't give you that much after advertising it?

I always thought you couldn't drink anywhere outside full stop. But there was sangria at the recent 9th Ave Food Festival. So maybe special events get a special license, I don't know.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Shake Shacks seem to have a license to sell wine as they have it on their menus. I am sure there were truffles in those sandwiches not just from Alba or Provence.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

There are truffles and then there are TRUFFLES. you see the difference? First of all its not the season for top quality truffles. These are summer black truffles that don't have the same aroma and flavor of the winter truffle like Alba. But, it is still an impressive looking burger and for a special event like this they can afford to lose some money.

Btw, for the real thing in the winter it's anywhere between $50 to $350 a shaving depending on where you go on nyc

IDW, did you get it?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,552 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Shake Shack to Offer 5 Special-Edition Burgers (June 9-13)

Yes special events that sell alcohol means you can drink in the vicinity of the event. Can't take the drinks out of the park in this case