We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York 4 to 7 july?

canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Topic
New York 4 to 7 july?

Hi, I'm planning to visit New York leaving from Montreal early morning on the 4th of july... My question how will the crowds be, higher than usual or do new yorkers go somewhere else that weekend? And do you think the borders will be slower that day? Please let me know if it's a good idea or bad idea to come that weekend... Thx a lot...

canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

Anyone please...

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

We always go to NYC the week of the 4th. NYC is always crowded so I havent really noticed. If you dont do the fireworks, then youll avoid a huge crowd.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

NYC will be crowded as it is a 3 day holiday weekend. Many NY'ers may go elsewhere, but many tourists will be in that weekend.

I think it is a great idea to come that weekend. The last thing that you should worry about in NYC are the crowds. That is a given.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

Summer holidays like that are funny ones. The tourist sites are jam packed. Places like SoL, Metropolitan Museum, MoMA, ESB, and other major attractions are jammed. But the city overall feels less crowded because so many residents are out of town. Crowds outside of major tourist areas (Times Square, Battery Park) in restaurants, bars, and subways are much less than normal. So be prepared for big waits at famous things and pleasant streets to wander around.

Shawn

http://nytourguy.blogspot.com/

http://instagram.com/nytourguy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

It will actually be quite busy but don't worry about the border it goes by fast anyway

canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

Thx guys

New York City
Level Contributor
961 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

Hmmmm... My experience is that the border is horrendous on holiday weekends, but that's coming from and to Toronto. Have you tried posting on the Montreal forum?

New Yorkers clear out of town on summer weekends, so it is strangely easy to get free on-street parking. Lots of fun events, lots of tourists, and stinking hot (and ... well .... stinking). The sort of restaurants that we local like are easy to reserve - touristy restaurants are probably tough. Serious theatre easy to get seats, broadway shows not so easy. Hope this helps

8. Re: New York 4 to 7 july?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16