We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coney Island

Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
Coney Island

I would like to visit Coney Island but am I better taking the Express bus or Subway. I would imagine that you will see more from the bus but does it take much longer to get there than the Subway. I am staying close to Grand Central Terminal.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,502 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coney Island

Take the subway - any of the D, F, N, or Q lines will take you directly to Stillwell Ave Station, which is just a short walk from the Coney Island boardwalk. You will actually see quite a bit as you are traveling through Brooklyn, as much of the track is above ground. It's a very different experience from taking the subway in Manhattan.

FYI, the subway ride can be up to an hour or more, depending where you start from. I can only imagine how long a bus would take in traffic.

-JimG

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coney Island

You need to take the subway. The bus won;t work.

Center Moriches...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coney Island

Great ride. You can really get a sense of how big Brooklyn is. Twice the size of Manhattan.

Scotland
Level Contributor
68 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coney Island

Thanks for the replies. Forum is a great help.

5. Re: Coney Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:17