We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Nobu?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Nobu?

Currently have 57 booked but is there any reason why NY is a better option? Both have availability on the day I want.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,053 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Nobu?

Honestly, I haven't been to the downtown one, but eat regularly at 57. I think you can be guided by your plans for the rest of the day. Both are very busy on weekends. Speaking of Nobu57, we dine at opening time (5:45) if we are going to the theater. I'm commonly told by the reservationist that we can eat before 6 or after 9! Nobu 57 can be quite loud when the room is full, which is from 6:30 to 10 PM!

After the dining room opens, you can order almost anything in the bar area, but it's not an attractive dining room when the bar is 3-deep in people. I can say there has been a lot of staff turnover at Nobu57 in the last year, and the service is not as smooth as it used to be. But the kitchen has not been affected.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,557 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Nobu?

Nobu57 is more of a bar scene while Nobu is more civilized dining. I've been to 57 a few times but many moons ago.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Nobu?

I'm not contradicting Ziggy, but you should note that the very large dining room at Nobu57 (designed by David Rockwell) is a full floor upstairs from the busy bar area, and the bar is not visible from the dining tables. It has zero influence on the dining room. There is a second bar upstairs to serve the dining room, but it's a service bar. No one is standing at it except waiters picking-up.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Nobu?

Thanks guys! We are mid 30s and celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary... Staying at W on Lex so clearly noise and the party vibe aren't an issue! I think we'll keep our 6:30 res at 57 :)

5. Re: Which Nobu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16