We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which broadway show?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
which broadway show?

hi guys,

I will be in New York City between the 7/16-7/20 with my 16 year old and we would like to go see a show. We have come up with two options, hedwig and gentleman's guide to love and murder, which of the two do you guys think we would prefer?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which broadway show?

can someone please help me?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,073 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which broadway show?

BEn, you posted at 5:55 and 14 minutes later you are begging for help. You DO realize that this forum is maintained by volunteers who sometimes have lives of their own. I would venture that many are now traveling from work to home and don't have computer access. Please be patient.

Now, in terms of your question--I have only seen Murder--it was great! In terms of which you would prefer--that is opinion and without actually knowing you ( other than you are impatient) it is hard to say. Both are awarding winning shows.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which broadway show?

I think both will be hard tickets to get given they both won Tony awards last night.. I would see which is available for when you want to go. Use links from

Playbill.com

For the oficial sellers.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which broadway show?

i just found out that the only available seats for hedwig are near the front on the side. is it still worth it or should i try my luck in the lottery?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which broadway show?

Rocky

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which broadway show?

thanks ken for the suggestion but we have already seen the film so that kind of spoils it for us.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which broadway show?

we just found orchestra center tickets on "stubhub". is that a reliable site?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which broadway show?

which of the two is better, a gentleman's guide or the book of mormon?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which broadway show?

We just saw Kinky Boots and Pippin with our 18 year old granddaughter and loved both of them.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which broadway show?

thanks guys for the response, we just looked into seeing hedwig through telecharge.com and found that the price of the side orchestra seats ar $350 per ticket and are at the front which in the end will become $720-$750 for 2 tickets including fees. i think this is a bit of a rip off even though the show has received rave reviews. i have decided to go to jersey boys as it is rated as the no. 1 attraction in nyc on TA and one of the best shows on broadway on other sites.