We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passing immigration on a domestic flight

Malta, Europe
Level Contributor
279 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
passing immigration on a domestic flight

We will be on a domestic flight from Buffalo to JFK and from Fort Lauderdale to Buffalo (this one first). We would have already entered USA through an international flight and these would be our domestic flights after passing immigration at MCO (Orlando) a few weeks before from Europe.

Just want to ask if it will take long to pass the immigration system or will we just walk out since we would have already done all the necessary paper work when flying from Europe to Orlando.

I am asking as we need to catch a bus service to get to and from Niagara Falls and I have an hour to spare.

Am I risking?

Hope this can be asked here :)

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passing immigration on a domestic flight

You will not go through immigration from Ft Lauderdale to Buffalo or from Buffalo to JFK. You will have to go through Security at both Ft Lauderdale & when you fly out of Buffalo.

You might post on the Buffalo or Niagra Falls forums for timing getting between the two.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60974-i588-Buffal…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g48261-i182-Niagar…

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,741 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passing immigration on a domestic flight

Just be sure your documents are in order. But they will be inspected mainly to be sure of your identity. Naturally you want to have the right stamps from your entry into the U.S.. Be ready for different security than at home, like taking off your shoes and putting them in a bin.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passing immigration on a domestic flight

For your domestic flight arrivals, you will just pick up your luggage (if any) and walk out. You may need to show your luggage check tag as you leave the baggage claim area (that varies),

You won't even see an immigration desk or line, so there will be no confusion about where to go. Just go to your baggage claim area.

4. Re: passing immigration on a domestic flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:17