We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Warrington
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Hi HELP! Can anyone recommend a good, reliable cab firm to get my son from JFK to Newark Airport. He lands at 11.50am and his next flight is from Newark at 16.55. Ive been told best bet is a cab as its less hassle and there may be a delay on public transport. He has never travelled ANYWHERE by himself.. Im having nightmares. Too many options and I have no idea whats best. Many thanks in advance.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

NYC taxis are required to take passengers to Newark Airport, so if he gets in a yellow cab at JFK it will take him to Newark Airport. It will be very expensive, however.

If you think he's naive, impress upon him that he'll be approached by many people offering rides but he should decline all of them (just ignoring the offers is a good strategy) and get in the official yellow taxi line.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Auden is correct, a taxi at JFK will take you to EWR and the cost is about $100 + 17.50 surcharge + tolls (which will be, I believe, around $20) + tip.

panynj.gov/airports/jfk-taxi-car-van-service…

A car service will cost about the same

Warrington
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Thanks very much for that. Yr advice is very much appreciated x

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,824 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Yes, I think it's cutting it close. If his flight lands on time, AND he's not too delayed in the immigration line, he should be okay. But delays into JFK are very common, as are lines in immigration and customs. So if the flight is an hour late, and it takes him 90 minutes to get out of the airport (not uncommon), he will likely miss his next flight.

Is his connection protected? Meaning, if he's delayed, will the airline put him on the next availabale flight free of charge?

Warrington
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Hi thanks again. Will I have to prebook a cab to take him there and do I need pay up front for that? Im not sure if they give you a definite price and that would include tips (and I believe you are charged for tolls as well, is that included in the price). SOrry to keep asking so many questions. thanks again

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

no don't pre pay

yes its a fixed base price

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

I don't think it's possible to even prebook a cab. You mean a car service. Try Dial 7 for a quote. You will have to pay tolls, tip on top of the base, AND if you want them to come inside with a card with his name on it that will also be extra. It will also save a little time over him calling them when he arrives then waiting to meet the car outside.

Warrington
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

Sorry for being ignorant. does that mean you book it - agree a price inc tolls etc and then pay it to the driver when you get out plus his tip? thanks again

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Transport from JFK Airport to Newark Airport

yes exactly

allstate and carmel are other options

Warrington
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews