We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK - tourism information kiosk?

South Africa
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
JFK - tourism information kiosk?

We arrive at terminal 4 (Emirates) from South Africa. Is there a NYC tourism kiosk in terminal 4, if not where is the nearest kiosk situated? How do we get there from terminal 4?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

A tourism kiosk here would mean a place to get sightseeing brochures and the like. There are none to my knowledge at the airport. What is it you're looking for? There is a conveyance called an AirTrain..like a monorail, that takes people from terminal to terminal for free. Follow signs.

South Africa
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

Thx Nywhiz. That's going to be difficult , because of the amount of baggage we have, so off to Manhatten and then we will visit the ones in Midtown or Times square.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

The main official NYC tourism site is NYC & Co on 7th Ave near 53rd St next to the Chase Bank. They have tons of guidebooks, maps & brochures as well as computer terminals so you can look up info from the net & very helpful staff. You can also buy tickets to some tours & can get a flyer for discounts to Broadway shows that you take directly to the show's box office at any time during your stay thereby forgoing the long TKTS line.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

What's going to be difficult? Where are staying? Where are you going from the airport?

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

There are no official tourism offices at the airport, and I would frankly be very wary of any kind of information source or desk that held itself out as such (could easily involve some sort of scam).Just one more example of how our incompetent Port Authority of NY and NJ (operator of NY area airports) lets us and our visitors down and one more reason why it should be gotten rid of.

You are much better off waiting and going to the official office in midtown. Just keep in mind that, to the best of my knowledge, they do not make hotel reservations the way tourist offices in Europe do.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,548 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

What are you hoping to get from a Tourist Kiosk? I find that in general they provide poor information and worse discounts than you can get online.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,309 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

There is a welcome/information center as you leave the secure luggage hall. If you walk out and go straight-maybe 10 meters or so ( maybe less) you will bang into it. I do not know how much tourism info they have but it is worth a stop.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

If you see someone holding up a COSMOS/Archers sign, it might be me. Say hello.

South Africa
Level Contributor
359 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

Thanks for all the helpful info. I just wanted to pay the tourist offices a visit, always helpful with maps and relevant info on city etc.

10. Re: JFK - tourism information kiosk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17