We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

70th birthday

Wales
Level Contributor
268 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
70th birthday

Hoping to take my mother out to New York as a birthday surprise. Can anyone recommend anywhere central we can stay and price quite reasonable. Any other tips would be much appreciated for taking an oldie lol

thanks

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 70th birthday

need far more details to help

dates? budet per night in dollars? which airport you flying into?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 70th birthday

How many beds do you need in a room or rooms? Am I correct in assuming that neither of you have been to NYC before? When are you planning on going? Are your dates flexible? Is your mother active?

We went for my fathers 80th as a treat to him and he had never been to NYC. He was in good health but they were not keen on taking the subway for some reason so we had to use the bus and water taxi instead. As long as you are near a subway then that location should be fine unless of course your mother is like mine and did not want to use the subway.

3. Re: 70th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:16