We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in NYC

Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in NYC

1. Soon this week i will be traveling to NYC, Where can i buy knee length wedge boots of different style and materials in New York City. Please give the address if you know one.

2. I will be staying at 763 United Nations (1st Avenue), Is there Apple store near by because i want to buy a iphone 5s unlocked phone.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in NYC

You can try the Apple store in the Grand Central Terminal. A bigger store further away is the one on Fifth Avenue (around 58th or 59th Street). The Fifth Avenue store is open 24 hours a day.

For boots, try the Macys department store on 34th Street. Also check out the DSW shoe warehouse store. There is one DSW near Macys at 34th Street - Between 7th and 8th Ave.

Have a lovely trip !

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in NYC

Apple store - http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/

Not sure about where to buy boots in the middle of summer. Try Macy's on 34th Street. You can't miss it, its the whole block. Lord & Taylor would be closer. Also DSW - there is one in Union Square and one west of Macy's.

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in NYC

1. Call Macy's personal shopper service macys.com/store/service/mba.jsp#newYorkAnchor when you get in town and maybe you have them find what you need instead of trying to scour the entire store. Which would take awhile. :)

2. The Apple store probably won't sell you an unlocked iPhone. Usually you have to have a contract with a U.S. carrier to buy it. But you could buy one on Amazon and have it shipped to your hotel. www.amazon.com/s…

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in NYC

No, Apple stores lifted that contract requirement a few years ago. You can buy an unlocked iPhone at the Grand Central Apple Store now, no problem.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in NYC

It is my understanding that all the 5S phones are unlocked. I know I will be able ( have checked extensively) to use my Verizon phone overseas by switching out the SIM

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in NYC

This Canadian bought an unlocked iPhone at the Apple Store. I like the one in the Meatpacking, it is not as hectic as the one on 5th Ave, although that one is an architectural gem,and a must see,

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping in NYC

That's good to know about unlocked iPhones. I learn something new on these forums every day.

8. Re: Shopping in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:16