We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

My husband and I have rare opportunity to spend one full day and one night in NYC without our 3 small kids. We frequented NYC often when we did not have kids. So, we have done all the typical touristy things (ESB, Rock center, Museums, etc). We do plan to see the new Sept 11 museum first thing in the AM.

I would love some recommendations of where to eat lunch near ground zero.

Also, some recs of where to get some nice afternoon drinks near village shopping.

And maybe a good solid (not too fancy) dinner rec with some nice bars near it.

We are particular about the area where suggestions are made. We like to have drinks and don't mind loud music, but probably are not the club type. We are pushing 40!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

We need some more info on dinner. What sort of cuisine? Budget per person inclusive? Do you have a preferred area to dine in (perhaps near your hotel, in which case we need to know which hotel.)?

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

Open to any cuisine. Really would like to spend no more than $200 on dinner. We are staying near Grand Central Station, but that is so we can get to train quickly in the morning. We are not at all tied to that area. Sorry this is not very helpful.

Maybe I should ask...where are your fav places to eat a good dinner in NYC that has some ambience? We are from Florida-so anything that feels big city is good with us! Thanks again.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

I love the Bobby Flay restaurant Bar Americain which is on 52nd between 6th & 7th. However, he just opened a new restaurant called Gato & he's still in the kitchen so the quality should be good. The NY Times reviewed it on Wednesday & were very complimentary.

baramericain.com/new-york-city-restaurant/

http://www.gatonyc.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,969 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

If you want to have a very New York dining experience get out of midtown and go downtown. Try to get a table at Naricisa in the Standard East Village, or Cherche Midi in Soho, or Bar Pitti. Subway or taxi down.

5. Re: One day and one night in NYC (NO KIDS) for couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:15