We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

discounted 5 star restaurants in january

melbourne
Level Contributor
136 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
discounted 5 star restaurants in january

Hello, i have read somewhere that in January there are a number of 5 star restaurants with great deals. where do you think i can get some information on this. thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: discounted 5 star restaurants in january

Twice a year, in January/February and June/July, some restaurants participate in "Restaurant Week" where they offer a three-course lunch for $25 & some offer dinner for $38. It's not just the top testaurants. I found mention of Jan. 24- Feb 6 for next year, but it's unconfirmed dates. You can keep an eye out on this site

http://www.nycgo.com/restaurantweek/

For more information.

Meanwhile, many of the top restaurants offer prix fixe lunches year round during the week for a fraction of what you'd pay at dinner. Some places that do include

Jean Georges

Nougatine

Bouley

La Grenouille

Asiate

Le Bernardin

Perry St.

Cafe Boulud

Gotham Bar & Grill

Colicchio & Sons

21 Club

Edited: 15 June 2014, 11:21
melbourne
Level Contributor
136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: discounted 5 star restaurants in january

Excellent, I'll have 10 nights there to enjoy. Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
738 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: discounted 5 star restaurants in january

Plus 1 on nycwhiz post. Restaurant week is a great time to try some great restaurants at a lower price, know that all participating restaurants are created equal.

Diane

NYC Photo Safari

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
738 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: discounted 5 star restaurants in january

Plus 1 on nycwhiz post. Restaurant week is a great time to try some great restaurants at a lower price, know that not all participating restaurants are created equal.

Diane

NYC Photo Safari

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,248 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: discounted 5 star restaurants in january

While Restaurant week affords the opportunity to eat at restaurants you may normally not be able to go to, the offered menu is usually never their stellar dishes and can sometimes be disappointing. I find the prix fixe lunches to be a better deal.

Whiz forgot to mention one of her favourites, Del Posto. ABC Kitchen and Maialino also have them,

6. Re: discounted 5 star restaurants in january

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:16