We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary September 15-23

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary September 15-23

Hey everyone,

I've spent a lot of time trawling this forum and reading heaps of trip reports and other people's itineraries and I think I've got a good first pass plan here. Can you please check it out and make any suggestions / additions? I've tried not to pack too much in.

Monday, 15 September 2014

Fly Brisbane to New York

Arrive 8:50pm

AFFINIA DUMONT

Empire State Building

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Statue of Liberty Crown Ticket 10am

Lunch near Wall St

9/11 Memorial

Shopping / Soho / Greenwich Village

Dinner in Greenwich Village

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Chrysler Building

Grand Central Station (Breakfast)

New York Public Library

Sex and the City Tour 11am-2:30pm

Shopping 5th Ave / Madison Ave

Broadway Show 7pm

Times Square

Casellula (wine and cheese)

Thursday, 18 September 2014

Central Park

Lunch at Loeb Boathouse

Museum of Natural History

Yankees v Blue Jays 7:00pm

Friday, 19 September 2014

Brooklyn Heights Promenade

Boerum Hill, Park Slope

Brooklyn Bridge Walk

Greenwich Village Dinner and Drinks

Comedy Cellar

Saturday, 20 September 2014

High Line Park

Chelsea Market

Shopping

Meatpacking District

Sunday, 21 September 2014

NY Giants v Texans 1pm

Monday, 22 September 2014

Top of the Rock

Metropolitan Museum of Art

The Guggenheim

Cheers for your help!

NZ
Level Contributor
687 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

I'm no help at all, as travelling at the same time. Funny, we have got our tickets for the Yankees game that same night already too :)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

My only suggestion is that the Top of the Rock is fairly near Times Square so you might want to try & find room while you're in that area but that day looks a bit busy already.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

**Friday, 19 September 2014**

I would start in Park Slope....then Boerum Hill....then the Promenade and end by walking back over the Bridge.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

@bobbi: Hah, well let's hope it's an entertaining game then!

@cyblume: Yeah, good point actually. I originally had Top of the Rock on the Wednesday, but I guess if we've got time before whatever Broadway show we decide on we could still probably fit that in there (might have to convince the missus to cut back on some shopping time!).

@ter1413: Thanks for that suggestion, I hadn't really planned out the Brooklyn day much yet. I was also hoping to be able to check out the Brooklyn Brewery. Would that be easy to get to during that day sometime? Is it worth checking out?

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

Just wanted to bump this to see if anyone could provide any more feedback?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

You might be too tired to go to the ESB if you arrive at 8.50pm after a long haul flight. Is that the flight arrival time or the estimated arrival at the hotel?

If you have 10.00am tickets for the SOL crown you won't be having lunch until around 2.00pm or so. Maybe even later.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

I think one reason you haven't received a lot of feedback is that this is a practical and well-planned itinerary. Have a great trip! :)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14,089 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

I just noticed that you have a Broadway show at 7. If this is for Wicked & you haven't gotten your ticket yet, you need to do so ASAP. One of the more frequent complaints on this board regarding theater is when people find they haven't booked far enough ahead for the more popular shows & then are unhappy when they either can't get a seat or find the only available seats are the very expensive premium seating.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

Cheers frangipani, I was hoping that was the case!

@Aynat: Yeah 8:50pm is the flight arrival time. We may well be too tired, but it's only a 10 minute walk from our hotel so we should be able to fit it in somewhere else if we don't make it that night. Is 4 hours reasonable for just the SOL crown (planning on skipping Ellis Island)? I'd say we'll be having a fairly large breakfast so a late lunch should be ok.

@cyblume: We're trying to decide what show we want to see at the moment, I only had 7 there as a bit of a reference point. Trying to decide whether to splurge on Book of Mormon, or go for Bullets Over Broadway, or something else entirely. I know tickets for Book of Mormon are limited already...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary September 15-23

You'll also have to see what the weather is like for the ESB. No point going up if it's raining or drizzly or foggy.

If you are skipping Ellis Island then I'd say you'd be back in Battery Park in around 2.5 - 3 hours. A quick lunch is good, there are food trucks in Zuccotti Park.