We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family with teenagers new years eve in new york

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
family with teenagers new years eve in new york

We are very excited to be spending new year in NYC this year. Any ideas of what to do on nye would be greatly appreciated. we have a sixteen year old and a nineteen year old, so its quite tricky deciding what to do. Not sure if the madness of times square is for us but have heard buba gump is good Ive also been looking at river cruises. We are staying at the NY palace. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family with teenagers new years eve in new york

Not sure minors are allowed at all of the parties - tickets will also be in the region of $600 or so EACH

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,644 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family with teenagers new years eve in new york

Central Park has fireworks.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family with teenagers new years eve in new york

Run or walk the Roadrunners 5k in Central Park at Midnight. www.nyrr.org

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family with teenagers new years eve in new york

Be aware that practically anything on offer is going to be ridiculously priced. We've gone twice for NYE and spent the evening walking around Manhattan, only stopping around 11pm to get a good spot at Central Park to watch fireworks (we also managed to see the ball drop from the park this year) and this of course is all free. First time I did this I was 21 and loved it.. Good luck in any case, you're going to have the best time regardless of what you choose to do :)

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,912 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family with teenagers new years eve in new york

I would strongly suggest you look into the National Comedy Theater for NYE. I've wanted to take my kids the past two years but did not want to deal with getting into the city, but you'll already be in so it won't matter. They obviously won't have the NYE tickets on sale now but they've always had them the past two years and they were very reasonably priced. They do clean comendy - not kid's comedy, clean comedy. Improv and standup. They are near but not in Times Square which is a big plus because TS on NYE means being penned in for ours with no bathrooms and nowhere to sit.

http://www.manhattancomedy.com/

here's the url for last year's show http://www.manhattancomedy.com/newyears.html

and they get great reviews tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d56…

I would emai them and ask when tickets will go on sail

6. Re: family with teenagers new years eve in new york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16